Since Winston's Wish relies almost entirely on voluntary donations to raise the
£1.7 million we need each year, every penny really does count!
There is a minimum sponsorship requirement of £50.00 for this event and we encourage walkers to raise as much as they can.
£50 funds one of our specialist team answering six calls to our helpline – maybe for the first time that these callers have spoken to anyone about their concerns for a bereaved child.
£100 will give priceless support to bereaved children and their families:
• Ten specialist publications sent out to helpline callers.
• One individual session for a young person or family member with one of our practitioners.
But don't stop there! The more money you raise, the more your efforts will help to change the lives of bereaved young people.
£250 could fund a pre-school child to attend one of our special under 5’s group sessions.
£500 could fund four face to face sessions for a child and their family with two of our specialist family practitioners.
£1,000 could enable a teenage girl to attend our young women’s support group for six weeks.
Every participant reaching (or exceeding!) £300 by the end of November 2012 will be entered into a prize draw.
Top tips for your fundraising
The simplest way to start is with sponsorship – you will receive a sponsor form in your registration pack once you have signed up for the walk and so you can begin right away spreading the word about your challenge to friends, neighbours, colleagues and family.
A very quick and easy way to collect sponsorship is to set up your very own online fundraising page through Justgiving or Virgin Money Giving websites.
Make your fundraising go even further:
• Check if your company offers a matched funding scheme, you may be able to get a donation from your employer to double the amount you raise!
• Consider organising some extra fundraising activity e.g. a fundraising lunch at work or a car boot sale, and watch the £'s come in!
• Encourage your sponsors to gift aid their donation (if they are UK tax payers) – this means that Winston's Wish will be able to claim an extra 25p for every £1 from the Inland revenue!
For more ideas and advice on fundraising, please click here to download our fundraising pack.
As well as talking to everyone you know about sponsoring you, why not see if you can persuade your friends and family to join you and take on the challenge themselves! Direct them to this website for more information or let us know if you would like us to send them details about the Sunrise walk – please email email@example.com